Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Transmission No.1 - はじめましょ!

01.25.2011 2255

TRANSMISSION START

Comrade Yuri here.

As this is the first entry into the project, it's time for introductions. "Yuri" (百合 in one Kanji writing) , if my sources are correct, means "lily" in Japanese, and by standard is a feminine name. However, I was named not in the Japanese sense, but rather in Russian. "Yuri" (Юрйи in Russian) is a common masculine name. Particularly remembered in the person of Russian Cosmonaut Yuri Gagarin, the first man in space (not HKU SPACE), whom I was named after. The nickname Yuri was given to me by high-school friends, unsure of what to call me due to my long real name.

With that out of the way, I'm just your average guy. I have varied interests in Music (being a musician myself), History, Arts, and Foreign Languages. I have been a student of French quite some time ago, hence, Japanese would probably be the fifth or so language I will try to look into.

I believe...I am just particularly inspired to acquire a working command of Japanese to help me deal with cases of having Japanese students join my Pre-School class. I work part-time as an assistant teacher of English phonics.

OPERATION 53 will not only track most of my progress in gathering intelligence on Japanese language, but culture as well. Although, it's most probable, more investigation and study will be devoted to the language...

First few transmissions will mostly be in English. A gradual shift to Japanese is intended as progress is made with the language.

That is all for now. Findings on Japanese Kana (かな),  for required first writing project due within less than 24 hours.

END TRANSMISSION

2 comments:

  1. Yuri san,

    Yoroshiku onegaishimasu!
    Thank you so much for giving a lot of information about yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. はい! ありがと、せお せんせい。

    Maybe i just type too much. But i thought it was necessary to make everything clear in detail.

    ReplyDelete